2013年2月8日 星期五

Pursuit of Happiness

What is happiness? One may have all the things he desires but is not happy. One may have nothing but is spiritually rich. "Happiness lies in contentment" may sound like a cliche but, in my opinion, is very very true. A dream job, money, delicacies, fancy dresses, reputation... They do make me happy..for a while... but I still feel down once in a while. At that moment, I'll start wondering if kids will complete me. But do I really want kids? Or I'm just pursuing something I don't have. Groucho Marx said, "Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." Maybe not thinking too much is the key to happiness.

1 則留言:

Justin 提到...

“Everyone is the artificer of happiness.” We all have the responsibility to live life to the fullest while some still waste their time doing something empty. Maybe it’s their happiness. The definition of happiness depends on various perspectives. But no matter what we think, we are supposed to set goals in life. As a student, the only goal is get into a college I want. During six-month preparation, I gradually found that the whole process can genuinely strengthen one’s perseverance and determination. Endless tests, noisy peers, frustrating emotions made up my memory. As bitter it could, it was worth it. It finally dawned on me that those who live out their goals persistently and perseveringly can obtain the happiness in the process. “Pursuit of happiness” sounds abstract, but it do exists.