2007年6月20日 星期三

For Senior 2 Students
L5翻譯考題
1.這班飛機可能會誤點二十分鐘 Chances are (that) the flight will be twenty minutes late.
2.你做的努力愈多,你成功的機會愈大 The more effort you make, the more likely it will be for you to succeed.
3.為了要成為好秘書,她很努力去增進她的語言能力 She works hard to sharpen up her language skills in order to become a good secretary.
4.他們可以按照你的英文程度,替你安排一些課程 They can arrange some courses for you according to your English level.
5.我想訂一間雙人房 I would like to reserve a double room.
For Senior 2 Students
L4翻譯考題
1.我父親因公而不在國內 My father is out of the country on business.
2.我每天大約花一小時練習講英文 I spend an hour or so practicing speaking English every day.
3.那位慈愛的母親親了一下小女孩的前額 The kind mother kissed the little girl on the forehead.
4.想要取悅每個人是沒有用的 It is no use trying to please everyone.
5.別擔心,有其他的旅館可以待的 Don't worry. There are other hotels to stay in.
6.在那個湖裏住了一隻怪獸 In the lake lives a monster.
7.正在和李先生講話的那個男孩是新來的 The boy who is talking to Mr. Lee is new here.
8.你應該親自向她道歉 You should apologize to her in person.
9.我在想你是否可以借我一千元 I am wondering if you could lend me one thousand dollars.
10.地上現在是濕的,昨天必定下了雨 The ground is wet; it must have rained yesterday.
For Senior 2 Students~
第二課翻譯考題
1.要不是有一筆貸款(loan),我不可能開創事業 If it had not been for a loan, I couldn't have started my career.
2.要不是那些義工的幫忙,這些傷患無法得到妥善的照顧 The injured could not have been taken good care of but for the help of the volunteers.
3.我在半夜的時候被地震搖醒,嚇個半死 I was awakened by an earthquake in the middle of the night, feeling scared to death.
4.一位勇敢的男士冒著生命危險去救那位溺水(drowning)的小孩 A brave man risked his life to rescue the drowning child.
5.你越看生活的光明面,你就越快樂 The more you look at the bright side of life, the happier you will be.
I had planned to go on a trip during the Dragon Boat Festival. But... as usual, I stayed at home. I played Wii, slept 14 hours a day, completed 9 test papers.... Well...I'm going crazy. I do need a vacation. So, I called my best friend in Taipei and arranged a trip during the summer vacation!!! Kenting! Here we come!!!
Have you ever heard of "Toast Master Club"? There is one near our school. It's a club where members are required to make a speech and evaluate the speakers. They meet twice every month, the 2nd and 4th Wednesday. Last Wednesday, one teacher from Viator Senior High School invited me to join their club. I did go and observe how they delivered speeches and gave speakers feedback. Many of the members do not major in English, but they are not afraid of speaking English. Even though they don't speak fluent English, they all try hard to deliver their messages in English. I was pretty impressed. I'm thinking about joining the club next semester. It's a great place for me to practice making a speech.

2007年6月7日 星期四

終於拿到Friends第十季,暑假待我研究完後,再選適當的段落給大家看嘍!但前提是,課得先趕完哩!聽說Desperate Housewives也很好看,只好再花一筆錢去買嘍!